BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Cheesecake Brownie Goodness.

So. A few weeks back I mentioned I was trying to bake. I go through incredibly motivate (and sometimes strange) phases and seriously a few weeks ago I was convinced that I wanted to make baking my new life passion. I mean baked goods are jut delightful and they make people incredibly happy why not be the creator of delish bites that will make others smile?? Well I can give you the why not ... It is a whole new experience trying to translate French recipes but the kicker of the why not is baking in a foreign country requires a SERIOUS amount of math and patience and trial and error. So after weeks of searching for a recipe I could make the conversions rather easily I found a tasty little recipe for cheesecake explosion brownies. The name alone of that recipe made you drool... It's ok I understand that is why I selected it!! Well that and what better combo for dessert is there than brownie and cheesecake?!?! Ok well maybe if there was some peanut butter in the brownies but that is for another day... Anyhoooooo. I made all the conversions that needed to be made and started my search for measuring spoons (something I was sure I had but absolutely didn't... Just another reason why my first attempt at baking took almost two years). Now one would think that measuring spoons would be an easy peasy find, HAHA. THINK AGAIN!! They do not use measuring spoon well at least not on a regular basis. A teaspoon is à petit cuillère meaning the one you stir your coffee with and a tablespoon is a soup spoon. Which now that I think about it works but with baking being something you have to be rather precise with I was a bit hesitant. I mean any "baker" you talk to will make it very clear measuring is a matter of being as precise as possible it is pretty much a Science. But at this point I already had all the ingredients and my craving for cheesecake was only getting worse. So off I went... bake away baby. There I was with my makeshift measuring spoons, 1 measuring cup that I was hoping covered every amount liquid and non spoon measurements as possible!! And luckily it worked. I think half of the cheesecake batter ended up being taste tested because after realizing my spoons weren't that accurate my attitude was more along the lines of a little extra here and there won't hurt!! And it didn't. I ended up with a tasty delicious batch of cheesecake brownie explosion bombs that pleased me and my office pals. Now that all is said and done I won't lie... I think I will leave the baking to the professionals. At least until I am safely back in the US with a set of measuring spoons in hand!!




I swear I only taste tested the edges... how many edges I will never tell...

0 comments: